Re: The logic behind remove "Restart" and hide "Power Off" in User menu.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Marcus Husar <marcus husar googlemail com> wrote:
But how is it possible to distinguish between dynamic and normal menu
items before pressing a modifier key? How can one even get the idea to
press a modifier key? Which modifier key? How do you want to
illustrate this behaviour? I think these questions should be included
in a decision how to design this properly. What about a tooltip or
another indicator for dynamic menu items?

That's really my only complaint.  It's like when you run emacs for the first time and can't figure out how to get out of it.  Sure it's ^X^C, but how do you know?  Right now for instance, suspend causes my laptop to get messed up.  Suspend is simply not something that is a consistent experience on all laptops unfortunately. Perhaps we can have some kind of online help or hints that would help this?  Is that possible after UI freeze?

sri