Re: More Build Errors

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Onyeibo Oku <twohotis gmail com> wrote:
On 02/05/2011 04:26 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me
<mailto:sri ramkrishna me>> wrote:

   Actually it looks like the problem has been fixed.  What you need to
   do is do a git pull on your jhbuild area to get the new changes.
   Jhbuild now builds from cvs for libxklavier.  So I suggest you do
   that instead of the work around I stated.

   sri

I just realised that might not work if you're using the gnome shell
jhbuildrc.  In which case, run this and insatll it in your gnome-shell
install area:

cvs -z3 -q -d :pserver:anoncvs anoncvs freedesktop org:/cvs/xklavier
checkout -P -A libxklavier

sri

please can express the install area in terms of a path ... the checkout dropped the file in my home folder.  I'm sure this is not the desired result.

Just put it where the rest of your source files are.  I assume you're using the default and that is in ~/gnome-shell/source.  Move your directory there, and then "jhbuild shell" and then do autogen.sh --prefix=/home/XXXX/gnome-shell/install then make;make install

sri