Re: More Build Errors

I like the workaround. That solved my problem. Thanks

From: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 18:37:56 -0800
To: <twohotis gmail com>
Cc: <gnome-shell-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: More Build Errors

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Onyeibo Oku <twohotis gmail com> wrote:
On 02/05/2011 03:18 AM, Onyeibo Oku wrote:

According to this page:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.desktop/43957 ... this is a
planned update and should not be affecting jhbuild

However, IT IS AFFECTING jhbuild.

How do I point jhbuild to the installed version 5.0.  I don't understand why it should be requesting for something that is not yet existing.

The work around I used was to edit libxklavier.pc  and change Version to 5.1.  Tha should resolve the problem.  I'm not sure why the version was upped though..  Even if you don't need to build gnome-control-center it does break the build for no reason.

You can also run jhbuild as jhbuild build --sklp=gnome-control-center and you should be assured of an uninterrupted build.

sri