A question about put window above gnome-shell

Hi,
I'm a developer of chinese input method fcitx under linux. I'm not a gnome
user, but some fcitx users encounter a problem under gnome3: the main panel of
fcitx will be placed under the top panel of gnome-shell. ( The default
position of fcitx panel is at the top of the screen and the main panel of
fcitx is quite thin that it will be completely covered by the top panel of
gnome-shell and make it unable to operate fcitx's panel. )
Fcitx works well under KDE, GNOME2 or any other wm (as far as I have tested,
xfwm, openbox, icewm, awesome, compiz). I tried to explore this problem, by
guessing that if it is the reason that fcitx window doesn't have
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE set, but I tried to set it with _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK,
but no effect. Since I learnt that gnome-shell has become something like
plugin with mutter, so might gnome-shell's window is specially processed with
mutter. So my question is there any method to put a window on the above all
gnome-shell window? (Like set Atom or simple Xlib API? fcitx currently only
use Xlib API to paint the GUI.)

Thanks.