Re: Named, persistent workspaces

Change the rule slightly. It's now: "there is always only one empty, unnamed workspace". When you go to a workspace, there's a new "Name" field at the top in the full windows view. As soon as you start typing, there's a new, unnamed empty workspace that slides in. I assume the workspaces are ordered such that the "Name"d workspaces are before the unnamed, dynamic ones.

Additionally, the prefab workspace layouts is an interesting idea, but I think it's just a cover-up for the fact that gnome just doesn't have proper session saving. I'd like to shut down, and when I log back into gnome, I'll be exactly right where I was.