Would resize animations be possible?

Hi,

One of the things in Gnome3 that always looks a bit off to me is how the system settings window will resize everytime you pick a particular setting; it changes its size but it's sudden, without any kind of animation.

Whenever I see it I can't help but compare it to what OSX does: when a window resizes without user intervention it has a smooth, pleasurable animation. For example, this video shows the effect (sorry about not being able to find another video where it's more apparent).

There are two issues I'd like to open for discussion:

- Are there plans to use this kind of animation when windows resize?
- Could it be used for modal dialogues? Given that Gnome3's modal dialogues prevent user interaction with the parent window, wouldn't it be easier on the eyes to "turn" the parent window into the model window through a similar animation, instead of just placing the modal window on top?

Any opinions?