Re: How does gnome-shell handle urgent windows?

Le mercredi 20 avril 2011 à 11:21 +0200, David Prieto a écrit :
> Hi all,
>

> Today I was explaining the concept of Gnome-shell to a windows user,
> and he asked me how it lets you know that a window is trying to
> attract your attention because something happened with it. To which I
> realised I didn't really know what to answer.
>

> Gnome 2 used to "light up" that window on the task list, Unity shows
> part of the window icon even when the Launcher is hidden; but does
> Gnome-shell do it in any other way?
It shows a notification saying "$WINDOW_TITLE is ready" at the bottom of
the screen. If you click it, that window is shown.

That's for example what happens if I click on a URL in Evolution:
Firefox opens it in the background, and I can click on the notification
if I want to read the web page at once.

What's cool is also that the notification is saved in the messaging bar,
which you can check later if you had something to do before switching to
that window.

Cheers