Re: How does gnome-shell handle urgent windows?

On Wednesday, 20 April, 2011 05:40 PM, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
Today I was explaining the concept of Gnome-shell to a windows user,
>  and he asked me how it lets you know that a window is trying to
>  attract your attention because something happened with it.
There is something that needs to be addressed. The app window was already running, as the user wants to get notified if there is something "new/update" from it, not that it was now running as it was already running.
It shows a notification saying "$WINDOW_TITLE is ready" at the bottom of
the screen. If you click it, that window is shown.
Yet, the notifications says $WINDOW_TITLE is ready. I think this is okay if it was the first time the application runs on the Shell, or am I missing something again? For Web mail applications, like in Zimbra, the title bar will change interactively to: "New Message" and "Zimbra: Inbox" if you receive a new email, this will not cause a problem when the browser where the Zimbra tab was located was the current focused. But when the browser was at the bottom, I don't know how the notification works as there is no task bar in GNOME Shell. Web apps are also important nowadays.

Regards,
Allan