Re: My first impression of GNOME 3

On Wednesday, 20 April, 2011 06:02 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Neither Windows nor OS X (nor any
smartphone OS I'm aware of) provides an official UI and support for
theming, and there's no great outcry that it should be available on
those; it's the norm for the appearance of the desktop to be defined by
the provider.
I don't use OS X but what about XP's >Display Properties > Themes stands for? Not for theming? This User Interface is official from Microsoft. As for smartphone, I understand, but with a 2005-era Sony Erickson Walkman, you can change the appearance of the phone with a third party theme and with an official User Interface from Sony Erickson.  As for WinXP they defined theme as:
A theme is a set of background plus a set of sounds, icons, and other elements to help you personalized your computer with one click.

The keywords are: "elements" and "one click" no, no config files to touch. Anyway, I know GNOME Shell was designed differently from the ground up, but themes is a standard feature on any D.E. AFAIK or else we are living in caves.
And Windows 7 offers a very improved way to change the appearance(theming) of the desktop.

Please clarify me on your points above.

Regards,
Allan