Re: A task panel

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 13:59 -0300, Hernan Javier Lopez wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 09:24, Tomasz Sterna <tomek xiaoka com> wrote:
> > So, to make a contrary case, at least I am one very satisfied with the
> > current GnomeShell way of handling application windows and see no need
> > for a dock, task bar panel switcher or anything such.
> > Activities Overview is a great concept and I don't need anything more.
>
> +1

i am running gnome-shell for about half a year now, i really tried to
get used to the overview and the task switcher. i first thought the
overview mode was just an additional feature to manage multiple
workspaces, but it became clear that i was supposed to do everything
with it (starting apps, history, window overview, etc). i don't know,
some people seem to like it, but for me, it just breaks my workflow if i
have to enter the overview (not to mention that i often have a
fullscreen window, tv or documentation or something, on my second
monitor which goes black when i enter the overview).
without docky as an taskbar/launcher i would have switched back long
ago ... actually i'm thinking about going back using the old top panel
and docky as the only thing i'm using of gnome-shell right now is the
big clock + calendar in the panel.

flo