gnome-shell query

Hi fellow Gnome users.... I have a couple questions.... sorry if it has been asked to death....
but I've only been recently following the mailinglist....

Does anybody know whether there is any plans to have effects in gnome-shell? maybe compiz like mutter plugins to achieve this ????

And my other question is are there any designs made up that with accepted features not yet implemented?? if so can you link me?
I've been using gnome-shell for over 6 months and i've only seen very minor changes in the shell.... im starting to think that the way it looks now is
the way it is going to look in the final release......

can somebody enlighten me?

cheers

kaddy :)