Re: Help?

Firstly:
I use the ppa for gnome-shell, and try out the latest build every few days, but I've noticed, the screen flickers when some affects happen e.g. when I click the clock top-center and it drops down, the screen flickers whilst doing so, likewise with the notifications at the bottom of the screen but not when the activities button is clicked.

The flickering you are describing is something that most of us experienced one or two weeks ago, but as it seems to me it is no longer an issue. You are getting a Gnome-Shell pre-build for you trough a PPA, even tough it updates fairly often it isn't actually the newest of the new. So you will probably receive an update fixing the flickering issues as soon as the person managing the PPA decides it's time to update it.

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion