Re: Two Problems, One Solution.

By turning all tabs to windows and let the window manager manage them
all, there would be too many windows, too many tiny, lookalike
thumbnails in overview mode as you said, which does not help at all.

I think you are misunderstanding the original poster, Apoorva Shamra.
Tabbing functionality should be moved to the window manager so that tabs can be in the space we today consider the window title, but this does not mean that every tab becomes it's own window and is represented as such. What Apoorova suggests is something much like the Group plugin for Compiz. Look no further than this for more info: http://wiki.compiz.org/Plugins/Group

--
www.twitter.com/Rovanion