Re: Writing an extension

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Alessandro Crismani
<alessandro crismani gmail com> wrote:

> I would like to ask if it is possible to perform an action ONLY on the
> new window that is opened, something like (this is a theoretical guess,
> hope you get the point):
>
> display.connect('window-created',FindAndMove(opened_window));

Not quite; you would rewrite the implementation of FindAndMove.

> Furthermore, I'd like to ask if there is a way to know how many
> workspaces are open when the new window is created,

The workspace count is always "global.screen.n_workspaces"

> so I do not have to
> cycle as done in the extension, which goes like

That cycle I think is to create the workspace if it doesn't exist.

> Finally, is there any documentation listing objects and methods for
> things like global, get_window_actors, etc. or do I have to rely on
> Looking Glass?

Basically you need to use the source code right now.

> Finally, I am not sure if it is better to post here or ask for help on
> IRC, anybody on this?

I think the mailing list works well for these kinds of involved questions,
but if you have bite size questions IRC can work too, it depends on the
time and who's there.