Re: Gnome Applets

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 19:43 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Allan E. Registos
> <allan registos smpc steniel com ph> wrote:
> > Weather updates must be visible all the time in the desktop, it is up to the
> > designers of where to put the thing.
> > Because for some users, it is _critically_ important to be updated of the
> > weather condition in their respective areas.
> > Cheers,
> > Allan E. Registos
> What kind of weather conditions would it be critically important to be
> notified about, in your case?  (not as devil's advocate but actually
> in your case please)

We have a use-case where it is "important" and constantly watched - but
I don't know if I would raise it to the level of "critical".  I work for
a material handling company - we move [electric] forklifts,
dock-levelers, and industrial batteries, etc...  which we very much try
to avoid doing in the rain.