Re: Multiple Monitors, Infinite Edge
- From: Rovanion Luckey <rovanion luckey gmail com>
- To: Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com>
- Cc: gnome-shell-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Multiple Monitors, Infinite Edge
- Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 20:43:50 +0100
There are many issues that arise when the design assumes that the user only have one screen. Another example would be with the proposed removal of the maximize button from the mutter borders. Instead of using the as proposed removed maximize button, the user pushes the window up to the top edge of the screen in a Aero snap like move and the window is maximized.
The issue arises when the user has no endless top edge, when the user has another screen on top.
This is just another issue that has to be taken in consideration when designing. And having one button less on window border does not weigh out cutting the ability for a lot of users to maximize their windows.
] [Thread Prev