Re: Multiple Monitors, Infinite Edge

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 19:38 +0200, Afonic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask a simple question as I am not using Gnome Shell
> for a few months. Back in September I could not move a window when in
> Overview mode from screen 2 to screen 1. It just stayed where it is,
> as opposed to mac osx where in Spaces mode you can move it, something
> especially helpful in situations where the 2nd screen is closed (an
> LCD TV for example). I had to open the TV and select the window to
> move it as the lack of window tray could let me auto-move it, even in
> blind.
>
> Is this problem fixed?

No. The overview seems to have no concept of multiple displays at
present. When you go into overview mode, no distinction is drawn between
apps on one monitor or on the other, and you cannot move apps from one
to the other. The second monitor is entirely blank, in overview mode,
it's not used at all.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey