Multiple Monitors, Infinite Edge

I have not been subscribed to this mailing list for very many days so
please forgive me if this has been already been discussed at length.

However, at the moment gnome shell does not work well with multiple
monitors.  Gnome shell makes extensive uses of the idea of an "infinite
edge".  Some examples being the Activities being activate as a top-left
hot-corner, the notification bar at the bottom of the screen, the sides
of the screen to resize windows, in overview mode to drag the
applications across workspaces, etc.

My current setup is the following.  I have a very small main monitor
being my netbook (1024 x 576) and a slightly larger external monitor
(1024 x 768).  Here is an ASCII diagram to represent what it looks like
+---------+----------+
|   1     |    2     |
|         |          |
+---------|          |
          +----------+

Because of the height difference in the two monitors my mouse can move
below monitor 1 making the notification bar difficult to activate.
Using the over view mode to drag applications across workspaces is very
difficult and using the right edge of monitor 1 or the left edge of
monitor 2 is difficult to hit exactly right on the right side that I
want the window resized on.

So what do I want?  First, I would like designers to be aware of this
issue.  The infinite edge is not ineffable.

Second, in my opinion some of these can be fixed without too much work.
We can have the notification bar activate if the mouse is below or on
the bottom row rather than just on the bottom line.

I'm not sure about hitting the edge between the two monitors.  As a
suggestion, possibly holding in Ctrl would activate "sticky mouse" which
would act similar to the sticky window add-on to compiz works so my
mouse would "stick" to the center line on the side from where it is
coming from.  This is not an intuitive solution at all and would need to
be learnt but at least having an ad-hoc solution would be nice for now.

There are other issues with multiple monitor support but from reading
bug reports and the gnome shell wiki I'm confident these will be dealt
with.

Thanks,

David Wiebe