Re: The Future of Window Borders, Menu Bars, and More

Hello,

Since we're talking about what's documented, I just want to point out that the person behind the pdf is the same person who wrote about the AppMenu.

Can you tell us more about the issue with proxying menu through dbus? Will the same technology be used if ever the AppMenu concept (with more than just the existing "Quit" item, of course) is implemented?

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
Hi!

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 23:09 +0800, Allan Caeg wrote:
> Been reading those docs, but I don't know what exactly you're pointing
> to. What specific details about the AppMenu or the idea of doing
> something with the menu bar are you referring to?

It explains what it does and why. It obviously doesn't explain what it
does not (appmenu) as probably few documents give a reason for not doing
something. But it explains all the details about title bars, the top
panel, etc.

Johannes