Re: The Future of Window Borders, Menu Bars, and More

Hello,

What exactly are you referring to? The AppMenu?

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
Hi!

> There's been a long discussion on this (see archives in July and
> August). In the Ubuntu side of things, Unity's pursuing the menu on
> the top panel. How about for GNOME Shell?
>

> One of the most compelling options is the AppMenu. What's the status
> of this in GNOME Shell?

Have you checked the gnome-shell design documents and mockups? I think
that has been discussed at lengths there with the conclusion that it is
a bad idea due to various reasons.
BTW, GNOME developers have stated a lot the proxying menu items through
dbus won't work in all situations and is no good design...

Regards,
Johannes

--
Regards,