Re: Proposal: Use Ubuntu's MeMenu and Session Menu in the top panel

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 19:42 -0500, Ryan Peters wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 07:05 PM, Shane Fagan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 18:56 -0500, Apoorva Sharma wrote:
> >

> >> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Rovanion Luckey
> >> <rovanion luckey gmail com>  wrote:
> >>

> >>          @OP Apoorva If I'm not mistaken these designs are already
> >>          covered partially in the top right menu.
> >>          --
> >>          www.twitter.com/Rovanion

> >> Yes, but the MeMenu is better laid out, and having options to turn of
> >> the computer next to options to change your IM status doesn't make
> >> sense.
> >>
> > Hey,
> > What I like about the MeMenu that isnt in Gnome-Shell is the ability to
> > send tweets and dents via Gwibber. Most of the functionality in
> > Gnome-Shell is there except that. They also spit out the functionality
> > in two for lucid one menu for microblogging stuff and changing your IM
> > status..etc and another menu for quitting and switching user etc. So it
> > is a lot better laid out in Ubuntu lucid. I can see why the default
> > would stay one menu though because it has less functions.
> >
> > Regards
> > Shane Fagan

> Someone could make an Add-on to enable that functionality in the overlay
> search bar, right?
Hmmmm I dont know if it should be in the overlay searchbar I dont think
owen and the other devs want to make it like Gnome Do or the deskbar
applet..etc. Id say when the Ubuntu desktop devs get at it they will
just port the MeMenu for Gnome-Shell but thats just my thought. The
desktop team still havent talked much about the plans yet but we all
have ideas for what we want so it will be a nice discussion. To answer
your question its doable but I wouldnt like it there myself.

-fagan