Re: Proposal: Use Ubuntu's MeMenu and Session Menu in the top panel

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 18:56 -0500, Apoorva Sharma wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Rovanion Luckey
> <rovanion luckey gmail com> wrote:
>

>         @OP Apoorva If I'm not mistaken these designs are already
>         covered partially in the top right menu.
>         --
>         www.twitter.com/Rovanion

> Yes, but the MeMenu is better laid out, and having options to turn of
> the computer next to options to change your IM status doesn't make
> sense.
Hey,
What I like about the MeMenu that isnt in Gnome-Shell is the ability to
send tweets and dents via Gwibber. Most of the functionality in
Gnome-Shell is there except that. They also spit out the functionality
in two for lucid one menu for microblogging stuff and changing your IM
status..etc and another menu for quitting and switching user etc. So it
is a lot better laid out in Ubuntu lucid. I can see why the default
would stay one menu though because it has less functions.

Regards
Shane Fagan