Re: What do you think about this? Don't you think the way of gnome-shell is wrong?

It's pretty fast on my setup with proprietary NVIDA drivers (8800gts).
 As for features/config, it is still pre-alpha, I notice new things
every week.  If they are integrating CSS theming I don't thing they
are philosophically opposed to customising the animations

I see what you are saying about context, but it is still a new field.
There has been a lot of work about the zoom UI that is promising.
There are some videos by Aza Raskin which opened my mind to this
approach.