Re: Couple of Suggestions

    William> 1) Switching between windows of the same application

    William> At the moment this is done by alt-tabbing to the application you
    William> want then using alt-tilde to choose the window you want. Most of
    William> the time I want to change windows in the current application, so
    William> I end up alt-tabbing to the next application and back again, so I
    William> can alt-tilde to the window I want. It would be better if
    William> alt-tilde on its own brought up the display and started changing
    William> windows of the current app.

Good points, William. Like you, I like the GS-design, and its
non-intrusiveness. There are a couple of things that don't work so well -
yet. Alt-tabbing (+ alt-down) works well most of the time, but I found some
issues with it.

First, I only found out about the arrow-down after reading the
cheat-sheet -- I guess it's not intuitive for all user.

Second, alt-tabbing + alt-down does not work very well when you have a bunch
of terminal windows -- I've found it quite hard to find the right one. This is
a bit easier in the metacity-world.

Anyway, overall, I like where the gnome-shell team is taking us -- keep up the
good work!

Best wishes,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb djcbsoftware nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl