Re: What do you think about this? Don't you think the way of gnome-shell is wrong?

There are two things to remember that make it smoother.  First is that
the corner is a VERY big target.  You do not need to click on the word
activities to bring up the overlay you can swing your mouse over very
approximately without looking and it will hit the corner (or press the
windows button)

The second thing to remember is that that the search box automatically
has focus when the overlay appears.  So I do not need to slow down to
be precise there either.  I can flick my mouse, type CAL+enter quicker
and easier than three precise menu clicks the old way.

For example, I always used to look in the Internet menu for gpodder
(podcasts), because it's a glorified RSS reader which launches your
normal media player to play the files, but it installs in the Sound &
Video menu and gets me every time.  Now I can move it or relearn it,
but my point is that every time a new program is installed the other
icons move and you slowdown because they are not in the same place
(Fitts' law I believe?)

The only downside at the moment is that the search box doesn't learn
yet. I'm sure they can port the heuristics from something like
gnome-do later so that the results get more relevant over time

I know it's not perfect but my initial reaction the same as you, and I
have since grown to appreciate it.