Re: Location of activities button needs to be re-considered

mac_v wrote:
Hmm , odd. I find the bottom-right the most difficult on a laptop, and
I'm right-handed. ;)
The bottom-left is easy on a laptop , while the same bottom-left is
tough on a desktop :/

On a laptop , I'm always having to reach the top-left corner to hit the
hot corner , while the top-right is easier...

This is more due to how we place the hand on a desktop mouse[hand
extends outward] and how we use the touchpad[hand faces inward].

Now that you mention it, I do realize that the touch-pad reverses the usability scenario.  The current setup is then, 3rd for right handers and 2nd for left handers.
IMHO, the top left is still a pretty good position for the 'Activities' in that case, considering the number of mouse users.

But for the touchpads trying to interact ,the hand covers the screen .

Touch-screens pose a unique problem.  To prevent the hand from blocking the screen, the activities needs to be:
    bottom left for left handers
    bottom right for right handers

There needs to be some configuration allowed for this , to depend on the
handedness of the individual.

One of the ways to handle this would be for the user to change their preference:
    1. handedness
    2. whether pointing device is a mouse/t-pad/t-screen

But as a default the position for the 'Activities' button seems appropriate, so long as touch-screens remain expensive. ;)

This is of course IMO.  I would love to hear the devs' take on this.

Regards,
Robin