Re: Location of activities button needs to be re-considered

On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 17:39 +0530, Robin S. Parriath wrote:

> As per the site I referred above, the ease of access for the positions
> in case of left and right handed persons is:
>
> bottom-right:
> 1st for right hander
> 4th for left hander
>
> top-left:
> 2nd for right hander
> 3rd for left hander
>
> top-right:
> 3rd for right hander
> 2nd for left hander
>
> bottom-left:
> 4th for right hander
> 1st for left hander
>
> As a majority of people are right handed, the top left makes for a good
> compromise.
>
> Of course, the devs will have to confirm if this is indeed the reason.
>

> Regards,
> Robin

Hmm , odd. I find the bottom-right the most difficult on a laptop, and
I'm right-handed. ;)
The bottom-left is easy on a laptop , while the same bottom-left is
tough on a desktop :/

On a laptop , I'm always having to reach the top-left corner to hit the
hot corner , while the top-right is easier...

This is more due to how we place the hand on a desktop mouse[hand
extends outward] and how we use the touchpad[hand faces inward].

This seems a problem only when flicking to hit the hot corner. Clicking
the button activities isnt much of a huge difference.

But for the touchpads trying to interact ,the hand covers the screen .

There needs to be some configuration allowed for this , to depend on the
handedness of the individual.

--
Cheers,
mac_v