Re: Applications Unnecessary?

Alex Anthony wrote:

> A little idea I had for some (in some cases quite major) changes to
> Gnome shell. They probably go against everything already discussed, but
> there might be something about it that you like. And it doesn't address
> the remaining design questions.
>
> Anyway here's the link:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/ApplicationsUnnecessary

I would hope that this is something that would be configurable. Applications
are very important to some people, especially when it comes to media files. I
almost always want to choose which application I want to open video files, and
even text files I often want to choose between two appications that I use.