Re: Applications Unnecessary?

Jos? Luis Ric?n wrote:
> Now we have the indicator applet and that,
> coupled by telepathy should do the job.

But that (and/or soylent) should, in my opinion, be integrated into
gnome shell fully. Indicator applet notifies you of receiving, but does
it let me start contacting people regardless of whether or not they're
online. Communicating with people is a major part of using a computer.

Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote
> These applications can be used to work with a collection of contents,
> and we're not going to fill the recent documents list with e-mails,
> music tracks or photos. You could make them be a single meta-document
> called "Music Library", "E-Mails" or so, maybe, that's a debate.

True. This makes me wonder what Zeitgeist is going to do about this sort
of high volume file. Perhaps by albums for music/folders for photos? Or
only marked emails?

Alex

Sorry José, forgot to cc the list first time.