Re: Subtracting workspaces

On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 19:37 +0300, Anton Kerezov wrote:

> On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM, William Jon McCann
> <william jon mccann gmail com> wrote:
>

>         One problem with that approach is that it doesn't allow us to
>         default
>         to having only one workspace.  And I think we really do want
>         only one
>         by default.
>
> I have to say that this is in no way suggested to the user because
> over 70% of the overlay is taken up by workspaces stuff. If we want to
> encourage the usage of one workspace then the overlay should be
> "filled" with other stuff.

That, and it should be easier to close them. Clicking right in the
middle of a workspace to close it really makes no sense. There should be
a close button in a corner of each workspace at all times. Its position
could come from language direction or from the window button
configuration (if a close button is present in it).

Bye,
Dylan