Re: Baking with BreadCrumbs

> On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 08:19 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
>FWIW, this "feature" confuses a lot of people ("I was scrolling in
>firefox and suddenly my windows switched around" [because they moved the
>pointer off the bottom of the window without noticing]) and there's some
> push to get rid of it in the normal taskbar.

I think that this problem is mainly due to the taskbar being at the
bottom bar (in Gnome 2).
The breadcrumbs are at the top bar, and normally you won't use the
scroll when you are close to the top in firefox and other programs,
because a lot of toolbars are usually in the middle (in fact, you
would rather make the firefox tabs scroll before getting closer to the
breadcrumbs).

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Jon Nettleton<jon nettleton gmail com> wrote:
> Of course option 3 is to just leave alt+tab how it is. :-)

Maybe there's a 4th option: have the same recently-used order for the
breadcrumb.

Is there a particular reason why it's convenient to keep the
windows/workspaces in the order they were created instead of the
access order?

If it's for allowing the middle button scrolling over the breadcrumb,
it could be made so that the window change is not done until you move
your mouse out of the breadcrumb, in fact, maybe the black box could
appear after the first scroll movement providing you with feedback
about how much you have to scroll and don't make the box disappear
until you move the pointer out of the breadcrumb.

What do you think about it?

--
Fernando