Re: All GNOME Shell Developers.

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 00:15 -0600, Mathew Howard wrote:
Yes, I see your point. I agree that we need a way to only show windows on the current workspace, although I'm not sure what the best way to implement it would be.

I think the developers have said they have other plans for the window name in the panel, but I could see a hot corner working.

Sam Illingworth wrote:
The overlay fails as a window switcher as soon as you have a lot of windows and/or a lot of workspaces, because every window becomes tiny so you can't see what's in it.  We're wasting space both on the rest of the overlay and on other workspaces when all we want to do is switch between windows on the current workspace.

How about a hot corner that brings up a window list for the current workspace (it could be the same style as the alt tab)? Or, my preferred option, clicking the name of the current window in the panel could bring up this list. But if you have multiple desktop you definitely need a way of just seeing things on the current one - the whole point of separating things out onto other workspaces is so they don't distract from the task at hand, the windows for which are on the current workspace.