Re: All GNOME Shell Developers.

I find it advantageous having a list of currently open apps/docs, not just because it makes switching between apps easier but it also helps me keep track in my head of what I've got going on in the current workspace, and thus what I'm in the middle of doing.  Good for productivity, that.

I think the main complains are the lack of that, and the added complexity and time to launch an app using only the mouse.

2009/12/18 Thomas Wood <thos gnome org>
On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 23:50 +0000, Danté Ashton wrote:
> To be perfectly honest, I agree with the car analogy.
> I suppose my main problem with it is that I do seem to be taking a step
> back to take what I need.
>
> Or, to use another anology. It's like keeping my drink outside the room
> I'm in, in Gnome's history, I've always had my drink with me, but with
> Shell, I'll have to leave it outside and come and get it when I want it.
>
> A dock-bar like Cairo or AWN would be a way of replacing an app, but
> what if I'd want just a normal taskbar?

So the complaint is basically that there is no taskbar or window list?
That you have to enter the overview to switch windows.

Could this be solved with a seperate drop down window list? Or do you
really just want an always on-screen window list (i.e. a "task bar" or
dock like area).

Regards,

Thomas