Re: Gnome-Shell and Zeitgeist...

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Ryan Peters <sloshy45 sbcglobal net> wrote:
In all honesty, I prefer AWN 0.4 to Docky. Faster, lightweight, doesn't use Mono (main reason why it's so fast and lightweight ;) ) and it already has a large community of users/developers. Check it out here. I'm using it on Ubuntu 9.10 and even though I'm using trunk builds it's very stable.

Using 'language' as a reason not to accept something is sort of silly.  Consider that gnome-shell is written in _javascript_. :-)

We should only be interested in the engine.  What you use for your bottom panel is probably a user choice.

I haven't had a chance to play with Zeitgist.  I'd like spend some time looking at it to see how it fits in with everything.  I haven't seen a compelling use case yet other than recent documents.  It seems that it's more useful in nautilus than gnome-shell or a possible gnome-shell extension?

sri