Re: Breadcrumbs in the panel

About that breadcrumbs, I just found great video, which reminds me of Application/Documents list on the left and breadcrumbs on the top, very inspirative: http://www.atebits.com/tweetie-mac/

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 00:11, Milan Bouchet-Valat <nalimilan club fr> wrote:
Le vendredi 17 avril 2009 à 10:25 +0200, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> > On IRC, Marina suggested using the breadcrumbs on top for switching
> > windows, and for requesting attention at another workspace or when
> > another window is maximized. Owen mentioned that the designs might be
> > too text-heavy, and for example 'Workspace 1' isn't recognizable if
> > you don't see the name elsewhere.
>
> Well, the activities should get names (but that was suggested with some
> mockups yesterday). It don't think it's too text heavy. Of course all
> icons are missing from the current markup but that's not the point here.
Exactly. I take it! I'm planning to publish some basic code to implement
activities in a few days (for now, they're merely associated with workspaces,
and used to track application usage on an activity basis).

I was looking for a place to show the current activity name, and your
idea would really be nice. Now, I was also thinking of adding a way to
show a list of activities, and allowing to start them - i.e. to create a
workspace associated with it, and (ideally) to restore its applications
state. I'm still not sure where I should put it: maybe by clicking on
the name of the current activity in the design you posted? or with a new
list just like applications'?

Suggestions welcome...