Re: Seed instead of Gjs
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: José Luis Ricón <artirj gmail com>
- Cc: gnome-shell-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Seed instead of Gjs
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:33:35 -0400
On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 00:50 +0430, José Luis Ricón wrote:
> I don't know much about GNOME technologies, but It would'nt be better
> gcj(based on Tracemoney)? Webkit's engine is A LOT more faster than
> tracemonkey and that would improve the overall speed and
> responsiveness of the shell.
It seems to change every week who thinks they have the fastest
graph, but actual rendering is all in C, and that's the expensive part.
We might conceivably switch engines for one reason or the other, but I
don't think performance would be the main reason.
] [Thread Prev