Re: viewing and editing the "run command" field of a launcher

mån 2002-12-02 klockan 01.58 skrev Peter Stein:
> You are correct. This is a bug that has been in existence for some time.
> I filed a bug with RedHat who in turn filed one with GNOME. The bug
> filed with GNOME is a duplicate of GNOME bug 83964. The fact that fairly
> intuitive steps led a GNOME novice to discover this soon after
> installing RH8 does not reflect well on GNOME. Of course sitting on this
> bug for over 6 months doesn't help matters either. That reflects poorly
> on both GNOME and RedHat which has been touting GNOME.

Are you a paying customer? If yes, congratulations, you are helping
improve the situation. But Red Hat still doesn't produce all the
software included in RHL, so you can't expect it to be without bugs.

If you aren't contributing with code or by any financial contributions,
you may consider doing so before demanding particular bugs to be fixed.
Reporting or asking about bugs is one thing, demanding them to be fixed
without anything in return is another.

Christian
*NOT* affiliated with Red Hat