Re: Press Release Worksheet

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm *mainly* thinking about press releases, but this might extend to
>> other types of announcements.
>
> Maybe one of the first questions should be something to decide what type of
> announcement it should be. We have a couple of blogs where we can announce
> news that's bigger than a tweet but smaller than a press release.

I'm hoping that the worksheet will help define this.

>> 4.) Who should be quoted in this release? Please provide contact
>> information if at all possible.
>
> What do you want the quoted people to say? (It often helps to actually
> provide the quote for them but at the least please let the press team know
> why you'd like this person to support the announcement.)

Added.

> I think the shorter this form, the better. Or at least have a top set of
> questions and then some optional ones. But if you were going to add more,
> here are some more ideas.

Yes. I don't want to send a massive form that has 200 questions, as I
think that will be off-putting to most people and might result in
contributors saying "eh, it's too hard, why bother?" (But it shouldn't
be up to the press team to pull all the information together
independently, either.)

Made some modifications & will send draft around in a minute.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net>
About: http://www.dissociatedpress.net/about/