Re: [gpm] =?iso-8859-2?q?ACPI_S1_-_Standby?=

> > BTW - I see that you again did not find any
> > answer to my logical
> > > arguments about usefulness of S1
>
> What does S1 do that S3 cannot? You'll consume far
> less power in S3 than in S1.
>
> Richard.

I have detailed explain what - so for you once again:

IT DO NOT STRESS SO MUCH HW LIKE S3 DOES.

To shut down computer (and this is (except of memory) what S3 does)
for e.g. 20, 40 min is simple stupid. It saves +- 20W against S1 and
kills computer 2 years early - it is not economical, not "green".

Why do all the developers of SW/HW, authors of ACPI power states,
... offer and use S1 ?
They should probably ask you to not doing unnecessary work :-/ I see
- you knows it better then all!

--kapetr