[gpm] ACPI S1 - Standby

Hello,

is there any possibility to put Ubuntu 10.10 into ACPI S1 mod ?

With  gnome-power-manager or some other utility ?

PM-UTILS also do not support something like pm-standby.

And what about sysfs/procfs ?  I just don't know haw to use it.

See also please my thread :
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1679036 and
(I thing that GNOME prevents to sleep monitors manually with xset
dpms force off)

What would make me happy also is:

gnome-pm lets me select as action for <sleep-button>:
Standby (S1)
Suspend to RAM (S3)
Suspend to disc (S4)
menu to decide manually ("interactive" ***)
user command to call

but ... unfortunately it lets me select only STR/STD :-( Why ?!

*** if I select "interactive" in
/apps/gnome-power-manager/buttons/suspend with gconf editor, then
this is set back if I run /system/settings/gnome-pm :-(

I hope someone will help - thank You

--kapetr