Re: [gpm] Display Brightness Control on Compaq Presario F700 / HP6000

No answer? =)

well in the meantime I found "omnibook", a kernel module which
supports *some* models of HP/Compaq.. bur it does not support G6000 or
F700..

my real question was: where do gnome power managment / brightness
applet looks for backlight dimming support?

do you know about that project (omnibook)? do somebody knows about
another kernel module being developed for HP/Compaq supporting
backlight control?

and.. there is no standard way to control a backlight with standard
ACPI calls?? (I dont know a thing about ACPI, I'm just asking because
it seems there is a standard way to control AC/Battery power, etc). if
the answer is yes, could I test some kernel module or whatever to see
if it works here?

thanks =)