Re: [gpm] Display Brightness Control on Compaq Presario F700 / HP6000

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM, royconejo <royconejo gmail com> wrote:
>  well in the meantime I found "omnibook", a kernel module which
>  supports *some* models of HP/Compaq.. bur it does not support G6000 or
>  F700..

Onmibook is an out of tree driver and might get some laptops working.

>  my real question was: where do gnome power managment / brightness
>  applet looks for backlight dimming support?

It uses HAL, and so uses HAL to be abstract. Hal uses /proc/acpi and
/sys/class/backlight/ devices to change the backlight.

There is, but most OEM's ignore it. See http://mjg59.livejournal.com/2006/02/07/