Re: [gpm] Feature Requests

Richard Hughes wrote:
>>> Should already work with newish HAL. Look in hal-system-power-hibernate.
>> Hm, I use hal 0.5.6. When I press "Hibernate" it says "Hibernate Problem".
>
> It might do, try downgrading dbus to 0.60 if you are running 0.61 -- we
> think there are a problem with the dbus bindings.

I'm using dbus-0.60. But I will post the corresponding hal udi here,
maybe there's something wrong with that?

org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_execpaths =
{'hal-system-power-suspend', 'hal-system-power-hibernate',
'hal-system-power-shutdown', 'hal-system-power-reboot',
'hal-system-power-set-power-save'} (string list)

org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_signatures =
{'i', '', '', '', 'b'} (string list)

org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.method_names =
{'Suspend', 'Hibernate', 'Shutdown', 'Reboot', 'SetPowerSave'} (string list)

>> Hm, on my Acer Travelmate this just blanks the screen. Do I have to
>> configure this in some way?
>
> Ohh, you mean really engage the screensaver, not enable the DPMS and
> then lock the screen (which is done with gnome-screensaver).
>
> Why would you want to enable the screensaver when the lid is shut?

Hm, you're right. I didn't use gnome-screensaver until now, so I locked
my screen using xscreensaver --lock.

>>> You can do this already with hibernate and suspend button,
>> Where can I configure that?
>
> Use gconf editor, And go to /apps/gnome-power-manager/action_button_* --
> you can change the values from suspend to shutdown, hibernate whatever.
> See the long help descriptions in gconf editor. I'll add the feature for
> the power button now for you.

ok, thanks

--
I prefer signed/encrypted Mail:
Fingerprint: E654 8A99 94C2 FC96 7DFD  00E4 8599 0FF9 F14C 7BB9