Re: [gpm] Feature Requests

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 19:02 +0100, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've some feature requests for GnomePowerManager. I use these now with
> HAL+Ivman and I want to ask, whether they will be supported in GPM anytime?
>
> *) (de)activate laptopmode (http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsamwel/laptop_mode/)
> on AC adapter on/off. I know you don't want to do disk power management,
> but this improves battery life a lot AFAIK.

Already does using CVS HAL, and a very new pm-utils (if you use redhat
stuff).

> *) Change the cpu governor on ac adapter on / off. (i set it from
> performance to ondemand at the moment)

I need help with this. We can either hook it into HAL, or use an
existing system daemon and bolt a dbus interface on the side.

> *) support hibernate with softwaresuspend2?

Should already work with newish HAL. Look in hal-system-power-hibernate.

> *) option to engage the screensaver on laptoplid close (i don't know
> whether this has anything to do with gpm)

Does this already, unless you have an iBook, which has a bug and HAL
never reads the status.

> *) (un)throttle the screensaver on laptoplid open/close

Does this as of yesterday :-)

> *) (un)throttle the screensaver on ac adapter on/off

It's done this since day 1 :-)

> *) assign actions to the laptop buttons (I for example want to hibernate
> when I press the power button)

You can do this already with hibernate and suspend button, but
admittedly not for power
(see /apps/gnome-power-manager/action_button_suspend). It's a sensible
request, so file it in gnome bugzilla and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for your email.