[gpm] New preferences UI

Hi,

I've been playing with the new preferences UI in the 2.17 releases, and
so far I'm not especially keen.

1) Why do we have different sleep types when inactive for AC and
battery?

2) Why do we have preference options for cpufreq? The only sensible
values are ondemand and no cpufreq at all, and I don't think any
significant proportion of users are in any sort of position to make that
judgement. We should just do the right thing here.

3) Why do we have so many panes by default now? It makes the UI look
significantly more intimidating, and while creative use of white space
was kind of cool in 90s publishing, I think we're past that stage now.
Even if we don't remove the options that seem fairly pointless, we can
still collapse it down to three for the common case.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org