Advice for moving to a larger hard drive

Hello,

I am moving my system (Linux Ubuntu Hardy) to a larger hard drive. The
machine (hence its network name) remains the same.

I sure could erase everything on the Palm and start from scratch...

But I'd like to avoid this if possible: is it safe, e.g., to
- backup evolution and restore to new drive;
- simply copy my other (than ~/.evolution) hidden folders to the
new /home, especially the ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d?

Is this the proper thing to do?

TIA - best regards,
--
Daniel CLEMENT