Re: sync with palm tx excludes "Location" field from appointments

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 20:39 -0400, Isaac Emesowum wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 09:53 +0000, Matt Davey wrote:
[...]
> > I'm attaching my modified Makefile.  I've made very few changes from the
> > version written by Paul Smith and Patrick Ohly.  The main work was
> > adding support for compiling gnome-pilot.  It works by downloading
> > everything it needs from svn.  It's a little while since I used it.  I
> > had some trouble after Evo upgraded some of the libraries it depends on,
> > as my running system (Ubuntu 8.04) had the older versions.  So, I stuck
> > with the Evo 2.24 branch.  You can just blank that variable in the
> > Makefile to go with trunk.
> >
> > I'm also attaching a version I hacked to use while offline, and just to
> > avoid downloading unnecessary updates from svn.
> >
> > Matt
>
> Thanks very much Matt. Sorry for the late reply. The week days have been
> a little heavier than normal. The Makefile seems to fail while trying to
> build the gnome-pilot daemon. I also had to install pilot-link with a
> prefix of /opt/pl (The Makefile wanted it there). Here's some output
> from gnu make:
>
> Making all in gpilotd
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/ice/dev/patch_work/evolutionsvn/obj/gnome-pilot/gpilotd'
> /usr/bin/gob2 --always-private-header -o  ../libgpilotdCM
> -w ../../../gnome-pilot/gpilotd/gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob
> ../../../gnome-pilot/gpilotd/gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob: Error:
>
> Cannot open outfile: ../libgpilotdCM/gnome-pilot-conduit-management.c

Hi Isaac,

Looks like my fix for a different bug broke the ability of gnome-pilot
to use separate build and source directories (as required by the
evo-from-source makefiles).  It's not generating certain source files in
the right place.

I'll try and fix this asap, but as a workaround, try the following:
     1. cd into the gnome-pilot source directory
     2. do 'make distclean; autogen.sh; make; make distclean;'
     3. then retry your evolution build

Matt

Matt Davey        Not everything that counts can be counted, and not
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	everything that can be counted counts. - Einstein.