Re: Palm Life Drive and Evolution Pilot

Le jeudi 12 juin 2008 à 10:31 +0100, Matt Davey a écrit :
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 08:09 +1000, Andrew Greig wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 10:45 +0100, Matt Davey wrote:
> > > Hi Andrew,

> > > One workaround, just to get things going, is to configure network
> > > hotsync.  This should avoid the various known problems with the
> > > lifedrive and usb syncing.
> [cut]
> >
> > (gpilotd:9220): gpilotd-WARNING **: Could not get usb vendor ID from
> > hal: No pro
> > perty usb_device.vendor_id on device with
> > id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_de
> > vice_ffffffff_ffffffff_noserial_serial_usb_0
>
> Aha.  gnome-pilot 2.0.16 uses an old HAL API that has been removed in
> recently shipping versions.  You have two options:
>      1. suspend hald before starting gpilotd.  gpilotd will then fall
>         back to polling sysfs for usb information instead of using HAL.
>      2. (better) patch gnome-pilot and rebuild from source.  I'm
>         attaching a patch (with thanks to Frederic Crozat).

Well, if Andrew is using gnome-pilot package from Mandriva 2008.1, the
patch is already there..

But maybe, some bits are still missing for Palm Drive in hal-info.

Please, attach output of lshal when PalmDrive is connected before and
after hotsync is started (since I remember it changes the way it is
advertised over usb but I'm not 100% sure).

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva