cannot get ID number

Hi,

working on Linux Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy and Gnome, I try to configure gnome-pilot and get the owner and ID number of my palm. The connexion is usb:
When I connect, I get the owner name but the ID box stay empty.

If I go further eg with j-pilot, trying to synchronize, I get the following message:

"Pilot inconnu - aucun Pilot ne correspond à l'ID -1179155961 Utiliser gnomecc pour configurer gnome-pilot" which means: "Unknown Pilot - no Pilot corresponds to the ID -1179155961. Use gnomecc to configure gnome-pilot"

Any hint welcome,

Patrick