Re: HotSync shows two settings dialogs, doesn't sync

Matt Davey wrote:
Can you check whether there are any extra gnome-pilot processes
running: "ps auxww | grep pilot" ?

None.  I have one gpilotd, one gpilot-applet, and that's it.

I just tried another HotSync and things have changed ever-so-slightly. Now, the two settings dialogs appear immediately *after* the sync completes. Previously the settings dialogs appeared while the sync was in progress. The machine has not been rebooted since my previous tests; neither have I logged out and back in again. However, the machine has hibernated and re-awakened once since my previous e-mail. Weird.

HotSync'd again, same thing: sync completes and *then* I get two settings dialogs.

After the sync, and after dismissing the two settings dialogs, I still see exactly the same gpilotd and gpilot-applet processes as before.

Other than that, I'd suspect extra queued requests hanging around,
but given that you deleted your gnome-pilot.d directory and the
symptoms persisted, that doesn't sound credible.

Furthermore, ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d/queue reports "number-of-requests=0".